Sunday, October 30, 2016

Running

I used to run a lot. I stopped training and running long races about a year ago because of a couple of different reasons. One, I felt like I was running the races just to obtain the medals. Two, I didn't really enjoy the longer runs and I wasn't 100% sure that these longer runs (over an hour) were actually beneficial for my health. It was fun running the half marathons and finishing them knowing that I had trained for them. The best part about them was running with a huge group of people and the excitement of the race itself. I do miss that. Right now I'm not on a schedule because I'm not training for an upcoming race. I'm having a difficult time finding my groove as far as working out and running is concerned. Right now I haven't set a fitness goal for myself, a goal with a timeframe attached to it. I can see why people run marathons. It gives them a sense of working towards something.

No comments:

Post a Comment