Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween


It’s Halloween today. Usually our tradition is to put up Fred Daniels in our front yard. He is our scarecrow. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate him in our attic this year. To be honest, his pants are no longer his pants, they are now my daughter Elly’s. The rest of his body, hopefully is intact. The attic right now is trashed and cluttered.

Yesterday we had a nice dinner by campfire in our backyard. Usually I scrounge up wood (some dry some not so dry) from our backyard. This time I decided to buy some kiln dried wood from Food Lion. It costs $7 but, wow, the fire last night was awesome. We enjoyed hot dogs (meat and vegan style) and a nice glass of Pinot Noir.

The night ended with the girls and me carving pumpkins in the garage. This year we decided to play Harry Potter music in the background. It was a fun time.

Tonight we are having our friends over for dinner and then going trick or treating. Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment