Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Doing


Each day brings a new opportunity to do what we have always done or to make changes and do something different. It’s all about the doing. Most of us know what we need and want to do, but we don’t do these things for a number of different reasons. Some folks don’t do what they feel like they should do because they believe in the following statements from Romans in the Bible: “We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me” Romans goes on further with more of the same and then wraps up with this statement “What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me form this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!”

Can we do anything apart from being delivered from sin by the belief in Jesus Christ? If you believe that this is the only way, then the answer is “yes” and if you don’t believe that this is the only way, then the answer is “no”.

Others believe in Kaizen, a Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement of working practices, personal efficiency, etc. They do because they believe in the process of continued improvement. Kai means Change and Zen means Good. They believe that they are making changes to become better.

 

Some people go with a gut feeling to determine what they want to do or not do. They believe in trusting their intuition. In order to do this you need to be in tune with your gut! You need to truly know and trust yourself.

 

I am a true believer that there is not one way to do. One should do what they want to do out of a sense of wanting to improve their life and the lives of others, not through guilt or fear. The choice is ours about what we want to do and the reason we do what we do. So do.

No comments:

Post a Comment