Thursday, October 27, 2016

Confession

I walked up to a friend at work yesterday and started the conversation with “You know that confession is good for the soul right? Well I have a confession to make. “I actually think Justin Bieber has some good music”. He giggled. I then noticed that he was reading an online article for his Philosophy class about Natural Law. I asked him about what he was reading. We then started speaking about religion and philosophy. About what and why people believe what they believe. It was a good conversation.


Back to Bieber. I don't know anything about him, except that I've found myself liking a few of his songs when listening to Spotify. How integral is he in the realm of things? People must like him, right? What continues to make him so popular? Age old, philosophical questions.


In ending, It’s funny how a confession about Justin Bieber led to a fun and deep conversation about religion. Sometimes you just don't know what will result you will obtain from an action taken. A lot of things in life are logical. A lot are not. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and be thankful for the small unexpected detours.

No comments:

Post a Comment